Supervisor: Erik Dexperts-Lestapis (Operations Lead)
Location: Open (Remote)
Duration: Part time / between 01 March 2022 and 30 June 2022
There has never been more money and political will for conservation and sustainability than in this decade. Yet investors and land managers are struggling to originate high-quality, de-risked, land use projects. The Landscape Finance Lab seeks to bridge this gap.
Founded in 2016 within conservation organisation WWF, the Lab mission is to incubate and finance sustainable landscapes that deliver impact on the global goals. Three core objective are being pursued:
- structure high quality landscape programs in global biodiversity priority places;
- test innovative financing mechanisms; and
- build sector learning, capacity and impact.
The Lab is focused exclusively on programs covering over a million hectares, million tonnes of traded goods, million tonnes greenhouse gases and $100 million investment size. It was established as an independent non-profit association based in Austria in June 2021.
The Lab is now seeking a seasoned fundraiser to help meet short- and long-term core funding financial goals through the development of philanthropic partnerships.
I Main Function:
The Fundraising Coordinator will provide leadership, vision and strategic direction for grant fundraising with a specific focus on core funding for this assignment. The Lab wants to further strengthen its operational capacities and accelerate the development of its strategic objectives. Core funding raised will give necessary means to this ambition.
This role is responsible for the planning, management, resourcing, coordination and review of all grant fundraising including fundraising and marketing strategies; development and maintenance of strategic partnerships with key donors and foundations; engagement strategies designed to enhance fundraising outcomes and increase our founder base.
II Key Result Areas and Responsibilities:
- Income and ROI
- Achieving income targets across all channels
- Strategy and tracking
- Set the vision and overall strategic plan for core fundraising and engagement
- Plan, budget, test and implement approved fundraising and engagement strategies in order to reach or exceed targets
- Create strategies for ongoing innovation and testing in the fundraising programme
- Successful proposal submission
- Screen and maintain a strong pipeline of funding opportunities
- Lead proposals development in coordination with the CEO and COO and Lab team
- Strong, stable and mutually productive relationships and communications
- Develop stable, high value relationships with the donor and foundations
- Ensure all fundraising materials are updated and planned in conjunction with communications
III. Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An understanding and passion for the climate and environment sectors;
- Awareness and/or experience of the global and local fundraising market, trends and innovations;
- Skills in analysis and advanced use of Excel;
- Experience of CRMs and digital marketing automation tools.
- At least five (3-5) years’ experience in equivalent positions;
- Success in developing and managing fundraising campaigns from concept to delivery;
- Experience in presenting strategies and proposals to high level audience;
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers;
- Strong attention to detail;
- A passion for research;
- Adept at managing tasks, planning events, and balancing priorities;
- Fluent in English.
Please send a cover letter and copy of your CV in one single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following reference: “Fundraising Coordinator”.