Supervisor: Program Manager
Duration: 9 months
Status: Part time (30-40%)
Start date: 15 Mar 2022
There has never been more money and political will for conservation and sustainability than in this decade. Yet investors and land managers are struggling to originate high-quality, de-risked, land use projects. The Landscape Finance Lab seeks to bridge this gap.
Founded in 2016 within conservation organisation WWF, the Lab mission is to incubate and finance sustainable landscapes that deliver impact on the global goals. Three core objective are being pursued:
- structure high quality landscape programs in global biodiversity priority places;
- test innovative financing mechanisms; and
- build sector learning, capacity and impact.
The Lab is focused exclusively on programs covering over a million hectares, million tonnes of traded goods, million tonnes greenhouse gases and $100 million investment size. The Lab was established as an independent non-profit association based in Austria in June 2021.
The Lab now requires a Program Manager to support the Operations Lead in managing the technical aspects of project management and program administration in the Lab.
I. Major Functions:
This position will ensure smooth development and administration of landscape programs and projects of the Landscape Finance Lab as well as supporting effective team operations in technical aspects of communications, planning, monitoring and reporting. A specific duty will be to install the most up to date digital project management system.
II. Key Result Areas and Responsibilities:
Landscape project oversight
- Maintains and ensures updates of the Landscapes Dashboard, KPI tracker, and landscapes-related tasks on the Lab Action Plan
- Supports Landscape Lead and Landscape Coordinators in drafting of landscape project outlines, proposals and budgets
- Coordinates the technical narrative reporting process and ensures the preparation of annual project reports
- Ensures the coordination of project documentation, e.g. deliverables, other materials, photos etc
- Oversees the Google Drive file system for all projects
- Supports the production of landscape knowledge products; published reports; landscape program communications; lessons learned reports; blogs; and management of landscape program information on the Lab online platform In collaboration with the Lab Community Lead
- Contributes to fundraising applications and sales proposals
Program technical operations
- Help establish a project management software for progress tracking and reporting
- Supports the Lab Operations team to administer donor and sales contracts
- Monitors procurement compliance with the Lab operations team
- Manages technical aspects of audits preparation and execution
- Interacts with Finance and Ops Manager to ensure the alignment of technical and financial reporting
- Ensures excellent and regular communication to donors, clients and partners
- Administers team calendars
- Coordinates team retreat organisation and other team events
III. Qualifications, Competencies and Skills
- Minimum Masters level Degree in nature conservation, sustainability, international development or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in program administration in the areas of international natural resource management, conservation, development, sustainability or similar
- Experience working with virtual and/or international teams
- Demonstrated ability to administer large-scale projects and complex programs
- Strong competence in managing filing systems, CRM and tracking dashboards
- Familiarity with the Teamwork Project Management software or equivalent
- A track record in staff training on administrative systems, project management approaches and reporting
- Strong coordination, teamwork, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with agile and lean working approaches
- Able to prioritise, work in a dynamic environment and operate under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Dynamic, creative, and outgoing personality
- Exemplary English language capability with fluency in an additional language preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
Please send a cover letter and copy of your CV to email@example.com (add reference “Program Manager”).